The All-On-4 approach is often considered a revolutionary prosthodontics treatment and for good reason. Dentures have their share of shortcomings, especially when it comes to bone density loss and dietary restrictions. A full set of implants can be a costly procedure that has a significantly longer healing time and potentially requires bone grafting.
The All-On-4 procedure anchors four dental implants into the jawbone, which provides structure and stability for replacement teeth to reside upon. Patients won’t find themselves worried about their teeth becoming loose while eating or talking and can go about their day-to-day activities with confidence. Implants can be an effective permanent treatment for a range of dental issues and the procedure is oftentimes completed in one day with minimal healing time.
Who Are the Best Candidates for All-On-4?
Before any dental decision is made, an initial consultation is an important first step to discuss options and goals, as well as to examine the patient’s overall oral and bone health. From here, a professional dental care provider can offer individualized guidance on the next steps.
Candidates for All-on-4 have often lost most or all of their teeth and are seeking a long-term solution. Adequate bone structure is needed for the procedure to be successful and overall health is factored into a patient’s eligibility. Patients suffering from gum disease or uncontrolled diabetes may not be well suited for the treatment and should consult with their dentist to determine the best course of treatment.
What Are the Main Benefits of All-On-4?
Patients may be curious as to what the benefit of All-on-4 is versus traditional dentures and implants. Making an informed investment in a confident, healthy, and natural-looking smile is fundamental to any restorative procedure.
The benefits of opting for All-On-4 over traditional implants are:
- Shortened healing time — approximately three to four weeks versus four to six months; patients can typically resume normal activities within 2-3 days
- Less expensive — fewer follow-up appointments and additional surgeries are required when opting for four implants versus a full implant restoration
- Decreased likelihood of bone grafting — the dentist places the implants on the “bulkiest” part of the jaw where there’s often enough bone in place
The benefits of opting for All-on-4 over traditional dentures are:
- Increased stability — because the implants are embedded into the jaw, patients won’t have to worry about shifting while eating or talking
- Preserves bone density — the implants act as natural teeth when it comes to applying pressure while chewing, which can have regenerative effects
- Provides a long-term, permanent solution — All-on-4 implants can last decades if properly taken care of
Rice Dentures in Childersburg, AL wants to help you make an informed decision on whether the All-on-4 treatment is right for you. Depending on what your goals are for the short and long term, the procedure may be the ideal solution to preserve your smile. Dr. Garry Rice specializes in both dentures and implants, providing patients with the confidence they deserve when it comes to their smiles.